Wayne Dalton Start Capacitor
For all Wayne Dalton 1/3 hp and 1/2 hp garage door opener models. 43-52 MFD 250VACIncludes:
- start capacitor
- Dimensions: 3.125" x 1.125"
- Part no: 260572
- Mfg: Wayne Dalton
- ALL 1/3 and 1/2 Hp Wayne Dalton garage door opener models
- All 1/3 and 1/2 Hp Challenger garage door opener models
- Challenger CH-1000, 9100, 9300, 9500, 9300M, 9500M
- Wayne Dalton Quantum - all models 3211, 3212, 3213, 3214, 3312, 3313, 3314, 3316, 3412, 3414
- Wayne Dalton Classic Drive - all models 3012, 3014, 3016, 3018, 3018DLX, 3512, 3514, 3522, 3522DLX
- Wayne Dalton Prodrive - all models 3220C, 3221C, 3222C, 3224C, 3320B, 3322B, 3324B, 3220C-Z, 3221C-Z, 3222C-Z, 3224C-Z, 3320B-Z, 3322B-Z, 3324B-Z
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I have a 1/3 hp quantum opener and had a pipe freeze 3 weeks ago and my attic flooded and ran into the garage and soaked the opener, it wouold not work so I just replaced the mother board and it still is not working. could the capacitor be bad as well from the water getting on it and shorting it out?
Yes, that is possible though it would be hard to tell for sure that something else wasn't damaged too.
The MFD rating on the capacitor that came with all my Quantum model 3212 openers is 53-64MFD ( Philips P-1083-30) This replacement capacitor is a different rating -are you sure this is the correct one? My openers are from 1998.
This is the only capacitor Wayne Dalton makes for Quantum units. According to the manufacturer this the correct capacitor.
Is capacitor part nbr 260572 compatible/interchangeable with 260570? I have a Quantum 3214 with capacitor 260570 but part nbr search returns 260572.
Yes this is the correct replacement for that model.
I have a WD model 2115,when pressing the button to open the light comes on and the motor humms for a few seconds then stops and the light blinks once then goes out. Does this sound like a capacitor failure? The capacitor is 53-64 MFD,will the capacitor you sell work if it is thought that is the problem?
There is no way for us to diagnose that issue, but this part will work with that model of unit.
I have a CH- 1000 challenger garage door opener . I need to replace the capacitor which is this WD-260572. Mine has 4 wire prong connectors that I don\'t see on the displayed capacitor. How do I connect it?
It is connected the same way as your original one. With 4 prong connectors. They aren't pictured, but they are there.